Crimeshots© True Crime Forums  

Go Back   Crimeshots© True Crime Forums > Juveniles and Crime
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Juveniles and Crime Juvenile crime is running rampant these days. Why are there are so many troubled children?

Old 01-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Premium Member

daphnechambers has a brilliant futuredaphnechambers has a brilliant futuredaphnechambers has a brilliant futuredaphnechambers has a brilliant futuredaphnechambers has a brilliant futuredaphnechambers has a brilliant futuredaphnechambers has a brilliant futuredaphnechambers has a brilliant futuredaphnechambers has a brilliant futuredaphnechambers has a brilliant futuredaphnechambers has a brilliant future
Eek! Teens to stand trial for Murder

This is really long. I am sorry about that but the case just makes me cringe.

Jasmine Richardson and Jeremy Steinke to Stand Trial for Murder
Alberta, Canada
The trial of the youngest person ever charged with multiple counts of murder in Canada has been delayed. According to youth court officials, the Crown is not ready to proceed. Yesterday, defense attorney Tim Foster told the Calgary Sun the trial will probably not begin until June.
On April 23, 2006, authorities in Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada, were summoned to 304 Cameron Road after a six-year-old neighbor boy reported seeing a body through the front window. When Medicine Hat Police stepped inside, they found the bodies of Marc Richardson, 42, his wife, Debra, 48, and their eight-year-old son, Jacob. The couple's daughter, Jasmine Richardson, 12, was not found at the scene, so investigators immediately issued a missing persons alert.
The chief suspect in the murders was 23-year-old Jeremy Steinke. According to friends of the family, Steinke was dating 12-year-old Jasmine behind her parents' back. When they discovered the relationship, they grounded Jasmine and told her she was not allowed to have any contact with Jeremy. The decision angered them, and they vowed to find another way to be together.

Jeremy Steinke

Part of the murder investigation included profiles Jeremy and Jasmine posted on the Internet. Before long, investigators discovered several of their profiles, which painted a disturbing picture.

Jasmine Richardson

Jasmine had posted profiles on MySpace, VampireFreaks.com and Zorpia.com. Her MySpace profile is nearly blank, other than some general information and a list of her personal heroes, which include Jefferey Dahmer, Criss Angel, Marilyn Manson, Dani Filth and Batman.

Jasmine Richardson

Her Zorpia.com profile is also lacking any significant information. Other than some basic information and a last login of Saturday, Feb. 25, 2006, the only items of real interest are the three photos she uploaded to the website. It is hard to believe they are of a 12-year-old girl.
Jasmine's VampireFreaks.com profile has been removed, but the website Optymyst.com saved a cache of it. Within the profile, Jasmine describes herself as bisexual, Wiccan, nocturnal, awkward, loud, a deep thinker and insane. In addition, some of her interests are listed as unnatural hair colors, dark poetry, criminal psychology, blood, human anatomy and "kinky s—t."

Jeremy also had an Internet presence. According to his profile on Bolt.com, he is a "gothic individual," who believes in "Blood, Destruction, Guts, Gore & Greed." He lists his religion as Wicca, and at the bottom of his profile, he wrote, "Am I God's champion or Satan's angel? Roses are red, Roses have thorns, Hell hath no fury, like a little girl scorned! Here's a quote that I think has alot [sic] to say, 'Never regret something that once made you happy!'"
Jeremy also had a profile at VampireFreaks.com. As was the case with Jasmine's, the original page has been removed, but once again, the website Optymyst.com saved a cache of it. Within that profile, Jeremy lists his interests as "freestyle BMX, skateboarding, snowboarding, gothic beings, my '81 Firebird, mosh pits, loud Music, peircings [sic], tattoos, scarification, pain, kinky fetishes, heavy metal, blood, razorblades, the dark, the moon, Mindfreaks Criss Angel, The Stars, eyeliner, gothic individuals, poetry, dark clothing, aggressiveness, biting, nails, Lycan's & My Girlfriend!"
Perhaps the most telling profile Jeremy kept was at Windows Live Spaces. On April 3, 2006, he wrote:
"Payment! My Lover's rents are totally unfair; they say that they really care; they don't know what is going on the [sic] just assume. As their greed continues to consume, she is slowly going insane. She continues to thank that I came, into her life to help her out, and to stop what they keep trying to shout. It's all total bullshit. Their throats I want to slit. They will regret the shit they have done. Especially when I see to it that they are gone. They shall pay for their insulince [sic]. Finally there shall be silence. Their blood shall be payment!"
Within hours of the murders being discovered, friends of Jeremy's came forward and told authorities about disturbing behavior their friend had been exhibiting, including an obsession with blood and his claims of being a 300-year-old werewolf. One friend said that Jeremy had spoken of committing the murders and another drew authorities a map of where he thought Jeremy might be hiding.

On April 24, a day after the murders, authorities tracked Jeremy and Jasmine to the town of Leader, which is approximately 100 miles from Medicine Hat. The two were taken into custody, and both were charged with three counts of first-degree murder.

One week after the murders, authorities arrested Kacy Danielle Lancaster, 19, and charged her as an accessory in connection with the triple slaying. According to Canadian news reports, Lancaster, a neighbor of Jasmine, destroyed evidence, gave a false alibi and helped the accused flee the area. Last week, Lancaster's attorney waived a preliminary hearing, and the case was moved to the Court of Queen's Bench, where it will be heard later this month. Lancaster remains free on a $25,000 bond.

Authorities have remained tight-lipped on the details surrounding the triple homicide. They have not commented on the cause of death, and the autopsies have not been released. Nevertheless, several details have been leaked, which allege that Jeremy stabbed the parents to death, while Jasmine cut her little brother's throat. Authorities in Canada refuse to confirm or deny these reports.

Both Jeremy and Jasmine have been in police custody since their arrest. Regardless of whether or not she is convicted, Jasmine's age will prevent her from serving a lengthy sentence. According to Canadian law, Jasmine, now 13, can only be sentenced to a maximum of 10 years in prison, and no more than six can be served while in custody. Jeremy, on the other hand, whose preliminary hearing is set for March, could be sentenced to life without parole for 25 years.
http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/ori...n_murders.html
Old 03-03-2007, 11:42 AM
Premium Member

daphnechambers has a brilliant futuredaphnechambers has a brilliant futuredaphnechambers has a brilliant futuredaphnechambers has a brilliant futuredaphnechambers has a brilliant futuredaphnechambers has a brilliant futuredaphnechambers has a brilliant futuredaphnechambers has a brilliant futuredaphnechambers has a brilliant futuredaphnechambers has a brilliant futuredaphnechambers has a brilliant future
Angry Accused killer claimed to be werewolf, licked blood

Robert Remington, Sherri Zickefoose and Tony Seskus, CanWest News Service

Published: Friday, April 28, 2006
MEDICINE HAT, Alta. - Jeremy Steinke's dying mother sobs and shakes as she describes how she has become a prisoner in her own home, a woman scorned by town gossips and hounded by reporters on her doorstep.
"He's not the man everybody thinks he is," Jacqueline May says of her 23-year-old son, who is charged in a triple murder along with a 12-year-old girl.
"This is my son," she said, holding her favourite picture showing a clean-cut, smiling Steinke in his 16th year.
"He has a heart of gold," May, 43, said Wednesday, sitting in her old trailer in a mobile home community on the edge of Medicine Hat near the airport.
"We may not be rich, but we have a lot of love," she added.
But a darker side of Steinke emerged across town, where two of his friends described how he professed to be a 300-year-old werewolf and that he liked the taste of blood.
At the last full moon, Steinke warned an acquaintance not to come for a walk with him and a friend along the river.
"He said, 'I wouldn't suggest it...we'll tear you limb from limb,' " said Daniel Clark, a 22-year-old who knew Steinke for about five weeks.
"I said, 'Excuse me?' And he said, 'Yeah. I'll eat you.' And I said, 'You come near me, and I swear to God, I have a baseball bat in my shop. I'll beat you up.'"
Clark never took the claim seriously, even though he once saw Steinke wearing what he thought was a small vial of blood around his neck and referred to himself as a "lycan" -- short for lycanthrope, or werewolf.
"I said, 'Yeah, whatever floats your boat.'"
Jordan Attfield, 17, a former roommate of the accused killer, said Steinke once deliberately cut his hand with a knife and licked it.
"He never drank blood out of a glass or anything. I never saw that, but he did when he saw it on himself. He'd lick it up," said Attfield, who said he, too, believes in lycanthropy.
Despite Steinke's odd behaviour, Clark said he felt the accused killer seemed to be a decent person.
"He was very respectful in me and my girlfriend's home. He never swore at us," said Clark, a newcomer to Medicine Hat.
An oilfield worker from Brooks, Clark is into country music and was wearing a cowboy hat when he met Steinke.
Wasn't sure about goths
"I took it off because I wasn't sure about these goths," Clark said, adding that Steinke was "cool" with him playing his own music by country singers such as Toby Keith.
Steinke and his young co-accused killer were into goth culture. Clark and Attfield said Steinke often dressed in ripped black jeans with body pins, wore his short hair spiked, had a bandana around his neck that he could pull over his face, liked eyeliner and sometimes wore a spiked dog chain around his neck.
Steinke and the 12-year-old, who cannot be named, were arrested Sunday in Leader, Sask.
They are accused of murdering Marc and Debra Richardson and their eight-year-old son Jacob sometime Sunday morning in their home on a quiet suburban street in Medicine Hat.
Arrested along with them were three friends who were not charged.
One of them, a blond-haired girl who visited May on Tuesday, said she thought they were going to Saskatchewan to go camping.
http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/ne...e-900e6aa34f72
Old 03-29-2007, 02:49 PM
Premium Member

Accused in Alta Family Slaying Likely to Wait Until 2008 for His Murder Trial

By JAMES STEVENSON
MEDICINE HAT, Alta. (CP) - A man accused along with a 12-year-old girl of murdering her parents and small brother in their southern Alberta home last April will probably have to wait until 2008 for his murder trial to begin.
Jeremy Allan Steinke's preliminary hearing took less than a day in a Medicine Hat courtroom Tuesday before lawyers agreed that the rest of the facts could wait until trial. But because of busy court schedules, Steinke's next full day in court might not come until at least half a year after his co-accused - the dead couple's now-13-year-old daughter - learns her fate in the same three charges of first-degree murder.
"I don't know if it'll happen this year," his lawyer, Alain Hepner, said outside court.
"I am always concerned when a client has to sit in the remand centre awaiting trial, but that's out of my control."
The killings 11 months ago shocked this southeastern Alberta city and the grief travelled as far as Sudbury, Ont., where the slain couple had met and where they were buried.

Avoiding the teary gaze of his mother by staring straight ahead from the prisoner's box, Steinke appeared in court in a black shirt and pants with a goatee and sparse facial hair.
A wooden cross hung from his neck.
Steinke showed no emotion as he listened to the proceedings, his long bangs sometimes drooping over his eyes and his hands tightly clasped.
His mother, Jacqueline May, wept quietly through most of the morning and declined to speak to the news media.
"I don't want to involve any family in this."
The three family members were found dead in their Medicine Hat home last April after one of the boy's friends saw something not right through the window.
Steinke, 23, and the girl were arrested in Leader, Sask., one day later.
The girl, who cannot be identified under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, faces a five-week jury trial this June in Medicine Hat for the deaths of her eight-year-old brother, her 42-year-old father and her 48-year-old mother.
Two others - a 16-year-old girl and 19-year-old Kacy Lancaster - have been charged with being accessories to murder after the fact for their alleged roles in the crime.
Lancaster is accused of destroying evidence, giving a false alibi and driving two suspects out of Alberta.
Crown prosecutor Stephanie Cleary said the length of time needed for a trial would likely push the date back.
"It wouldn't surprise me if it went to 2008, just because we are dealing with such busy counsel and such a complex proceeding."
The preliminary hearing was initially scheduled for four days this week but lasted little more than three hours.
While a publication ban prohibits the release of details from the hearing, Steinke's lawyer said he was focusing on a couple of key areas.
"I got that information out today. I know what I'm looking for, I found what I was looking for and there was no need to hear a great deal of evidence with which I'm already familiar."

Source: Canadian Press http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/883165/accused_in_alta_family_slaying_likely_to_wait_unti l_2008/index.html?source=r_health