Crimeshots© True Crime Forums  

Go Back   Crimeshots© True Crime Forums > THE HUNTED!!!
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

THE HUNTED!!! Rewards! Information! Do you know of, or have information that could possibly solve a crime? That ONE tip from the right viewer, regardless of it's seeming insignificance, could be extremely important to an investigation.

Old 10-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Banned

Gary Dee will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Daniel Joseph Griffin, 34,wanted for fatal stabbing and the sexual assault of a girl

FORT WORTH, Texas -- Authorities are searching for a man they said killed a woman, raped one of her daughters and then possibly kidnapped another in Kaufman County on Monday.

Police said Daniel Joseph Griffin, 34, is wanted in connection with the fatal stabbing of Shari Lynn Duggan and the sexual assault of a girl.

Investigators said they believe Duggan's eldest daughter, Christina Harrison, 19, is with Griffin but they aren't sure if she accompanied him against her will or voluntarily, said Sharlie Davis, spokeswoman for the Kaufman County Sheriff's Office.

Both of the younger girls were hospitalized in fair to good condition, Davis said.

The attacks took place east of the city of Kaufman at about noon on Monday, police said.

An arrest warrant has been issued for Griffin on a charge of aggravated sexual assault. No warrants were issued on murder charges, Davis said.

Chuck Stradley, a friend and neighbor of the victim, said witnesses to the alleged crime told authorities that the woman was stabbed in her home, and that the two teenage girls were tied up before their sister was kidnapped. He said the two girls were later able to escape their bindings and seek help.

"This is a very quiet neighborhood, and there is never a lot going on around here," Stradley told the Tyler Morning Telegraph. "This is quite an ordeal for our neighborhood."

Griffin was described as a white male, 5 foot 9 inches tall, weighing 172 pounds, with extensive tattoos on his upper body and arms, Davis said. He was believed to have left the crime scene in a blue Plymouth minivan with Texas license tags, number T55-PPL, Davis said.

Police ask that anyone with information on Griffin's location to call 911.

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/10042274/detail.html
Old 10-11-2006, 01:03 AM
Banned

Alert Kaufman Murder Suspect May Have Changed Appearance

Kaufman Murder Suspect May Have Changed Appearance

KAUFMAN, Texas -- Kaufman County officials said Tuesday that an ex-convict wanted for questioning in the death of his girlfriend's mother may have already changed his appearance, FOX 4's Lynn Kawano reported.

Daniel Joseph Griffin, 34, stands accused of murdering 38-year-old Cheri Lynn Duggan, his girlfriend's mother.

Christina Harrison

Authorities believe Griffin and Duggan's 19-year-old daughter, Christina Harrison, fled Kaufman shortly after the killing.

The search for the couple began Monday morning after a relative found Duggan dead inside her home. Authorities told FOX 4 that they are not sure if Harrison left with Griffin willingly.

"We don't know the situation with her, if she's feeling threatened and therefore with him because of that," Kaufman County Sheriff's Office Lt. Carol Kirby told FOX 4.

Detectives believe Harrison and Griffin escaped Kaufman in Duggan's 1994 light blue Plymouth Voyager minivan. The vehicle has Texas license plates T55-PPL.

The couple was last seen in Seagoville at about noon on Monday.

Authorities believe Daniel Joseph Griffin and Christina Harrison are traveling in Harrison's mother's 1994 light blue Plymouth Voyager

"They went to the 7-Eleven in Kaufman and purchased gas at the pump, then went into the store and made a purchase. We believe after that, they went to the Seagoville Wal-Mart, where they bought hair dye, shampoo and some gift cards. So, they could be altering their look," Kirby said.

A criminal history check on Griffin showed a long rap sheet, which includes theft, burglary and escape. Authorities consider him armed and dangerous.

VIDEO`s

Suspect's Mother Pleads For Son's Return:
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=1143376&version=1&loca le=EN-US
Police Continue Search for Suspect, Kidnapped Teen:
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=1140962&version=1&loca le=EN-US
Cheri Lynn Duggan was found stabbed to death in her Kaufman County home. Police are searching for her daughter and an ex-convict who has been charged with the killing:
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=1135626&version=1&loca le=EN-US
Kaufman Woman Found Murdered:
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=1133073&version=1&loca le=EN-US

Gallery
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_gallery.jsp?contentId=1142294&version=1&lo cale=EN-US

Anyone with information on the couple's whereabouts or the crime should call 911, their local law enforcement agency or the Kaufman County Sheriff's Department at (972) 932-3094.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/...Y&pageId=3.2.1

Last edited by Gary Dee : 10-11-2006 at 01:26 AM.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:01 PM
Banned

Post NEIGHBORS 'FLOORED' BY CHARGES

NEIGHBORS 'FLOORED' BY CHARGES

KAUFMAN - Those who know Daniel Joseph Griffin describe him as a polite, likable man who had been in and out of jail and was unable to keep a steady job.

Charlene Hackworth, who said she has lived next door to Griffin and his parents for 18 years, said she was "floored" by the news that he is accused of murder and aggravated kidnapping.

"I just can't believe this - it just doesn't seem real," she said, standing in the driveway of her home on Rolling Cedar Lane in Kaufman County.

Griffin is suspected of killing 38-year-old Cheri Duggan, sexually assaulting another family member, tying two of her children up and kidnapping 19-year-old Christina Harrison, said to be his girlfriend, early Monday morning.
"Daniel was always a likable guy who was polite and very helpful," Mrs. Hackworth said. "We never had any trouble with him, but I knew he had been to prison several times and seemed to be in and out of jail."

Mrs. Hackworth pointed to a small A-framed house sitting close to the oil-paved road.

"They (the Griffins) lived there for 18 years, and just two weeks ago they moved out and told Daniel and Christina they had to find a new place to live," she said.

Mrs. Hackworth said she did not know why her longtime neighbors moved, but that she believed there might have been tensions between Daniel and his parents.

"I don't know if they had problems or not, but I do know that they were upset with him getting in trouble all the time," she said.

She added that Christina had moved into the house with the family several months ago after Daniel was released from prison.

"They seemed like they were in love, and I never saw them argue," she said.

Tony Castillo, manager of McCoy's Tree Service in Kaufman, said he couldn't believe Griffin was suspected of the crimes.

"He worked here for awhile, but he just quit coming to work last Wednesday," he said. "He didn't call in or anything. He just quit coming."

Castillo said Griffin worked hard on the job and seemed to get along with everyone.

"I never seen him get mad or anything, and that's why this whole thing just doesn't make sense," he said. "I never saw him lose his temper here at work."

Friends of the Duggans who did not wish to be identified said the entire family, including Griffin, was playing volleyball in the front yard Sunday afternoon and everyone was having fun.

Mrs. Hackworth agreed with Castillo's comments, saying that Griffin must have snapped.

"It seems so out-of-the-ordinary for him. I mean, something must have happened to make him snap, because I can't understand why he would do something like this," she said. "I knew he couldn't keep a job, and it seems every time he gets desperate, he gets in trouble."

Mrs. Hackworth said she hoped that Griffin would release Christina unharmed.

"He needs to just let her go and not hurt her. I hope he just don't hurt her," she said.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17310635&BRD=1994&PAG=461&dept_id= 341384&rfi=6
Old 10-13-2006, 03:00 AM
Banned

Thumbs up Statewide Manhunt Ends, Girl Found Safe

Statewide Manhunt Ends, Girl Found Safe

FORT WORTH, Texas -- The statewide manhunt for Daniel Joseph Griffin is over.

The Kaufman County Sheriff's Department said Griffin was arrested at about midnight Thursday in Houston.

Griffin was wanted in connection with the fatal stabbing of Shari Lynn Duggan, sexual assault and kidnapping. The attacks took place east of the city of Kaufman at about noon on Monday, police said.

Christina Harrison, the kidnap victim, is reported to be in good condition and with her family, officials said.

The Kaufman County Sheriff's Department was assisted in the apprehension by the Texas Rangers, U.S. Marshals, Harris County Sheriff's Department and the Texas Department of Public Safety Criminal Intelligence Division.

Griffin is expected to be transported back to Kaufman County sometime Thursday.

http://www.nbc5i.com:80/news/10059235/detail.html