Crimeshotsİ True Crime Forums  

Go Back   Crimeshotsİ True Crime Forums > Manson "Family" Murders
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Manson "Family" Murders Discuss the murders of Sharon Tate - Polanski, Jay Sebring, Abigail Folger, Wojciech Frykowski, Steven Parent, Leno and Rosemary LaBianca commited by Charles Manson's "family" members on a two night killing spree in August of 1969.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:52 PM

geminifox is on a distinguished road
Alert Sharon and Son Together??

Sorry I had posted this in another thread but it was my first post so I apologize. My thread / question is: Any truth to the rumor that Sharon was in the casket holding baby Paul? And that her dad, Paul Tate, could not go to the viewing. ??
Old 03-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Super Poster

ellabele Super Duper Crime Fighter!ellabele Super Duper Crime Fighter!ellabele Super Duper Crime Fighter!ellabele Super Duper Crime Fighter!ellabele Super Duper Crime Fighter!ellabele Super Duper Crime Fighter!ellabele Super Duper Crime Fighter!ellabele Super Duper Crime Fighter!ellabele Super Duper Crime Fighter!ellabele Super Duper Crime Fighter!ellabele Super Duper Crime Fighter!

geminifox! Yes Baby Paul was buried in his mothers arms. Sharons dad saw his daughter in the condition that the killers left her. He saw how brutally they murdered her. I am sure it must have haunted him the rest of his life.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Intermediate Member

Adam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond repute

Baby Paul was buried in his moms arms. So sad she never even got to see him. I think Sharons dad saw his daughters body for identification purposes too, but I may be wrong. there are several more knowledgeable posters here than me tho.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Premium Member

RustyL Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!RustyL Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!RustyL Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!RustyL Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!RustyL Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!RustyL Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!RustyL Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!RustyL Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!RustyL Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!RustyL Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!RustyL Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabele
geminifox! Yes Baby Paul was buried in his mothers arms. Sharons dad saw his daughter in the condition that the killers left her. He saw how brutally they murdered her. I am sure it must have haunted him the rest of his life.

welcome to the board.

Yes, Paul was in the casket with Sharon. I heard also that her Dad saw her, not so much for id purposes, but I read somewhere that Roman let him and only him see her.

From everything I read on the case and the aftermath, the first time Doris saw what was done to her was when she saw the autopsy photos years later.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:54 AM

SHARONTATEFAN10 is on a distinguished road
Default Sharon and baby buried together

According to Greg King's book, Sharon's baby was wrapped in a shroud and buried with his mother. Mr Tate was the only person to view Sharon after she was placed in her casket. I wonder why Roman insisted on a closed casket funeral? Sharon was not sliced facially like Gibby. In fact, Sharon died with a slight smile on her face. She had a small rope burn on her cheek. Poor Jay was beaten savagely but the mortitians did a wonderful job on Jay, he looked like he was asleep according to one mourner. Steven was shot in the face, so I doubt if there was a open casket for him.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Premium Member

RustyL Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!RustyL Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!RustyL Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!RustyL Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!RustyL Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!RustyL Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!RustyL Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!RustyL Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!RustyL Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!RustyL Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!RustyL Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!

All three of the female victims were slashed in the face. Abigail's was the worse. IMO, I feel that either Manson or Watson had something against women for this to happen.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:35 PM

Default Sharon and baby buried together

Rusty, I have seen Abigail and Sharon's pre-autopsy photos. Sharon's wound could have been covered with some extra makeup, but Abigail's was horrible. I thought she was such a pretty girl, the pictures that were published never did her justice. I do not know of any after autopsy photos. Not that I'd want to see 'em anyway.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Cat collector

Keribelle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyL
All three of the female victims were slashed in the face. Abigail's was the worse. IMO, I feel that either Manson or Watson had something against women for this to happen.

The terrible slash to Abigail's face was courtesy of Tex Watson. Sharon's face wasn't actually slashed, it was a rope burn, although it's easy to see how it could be mistaken for a knife cut; and from memory I think he actually says he cut her face, but that's not what the coroner reported.

What a nasty, nasty piece of work TW is. How anyone could marry him is beyond me.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARONTATEFAN10
Rusty, I have seen Abigail and Sharon's pre-autopsy photos. Sharon's wound could have been covered with some extra makeup, but Abigail's was horrible. I thought she was such a pretty girl, the pictures that were published never did her justice. I do not know of any after autopsy photos. Not that I'd want to see 'em anyway.

I have too, unfortunately. And tbh, even what was done to her could not diminish the beauty that she was on the inside.

And I don't blame for not wanting to see any others. Me either. Those were bad enough. It's too bad that the people who did these horrible crimes won't ever regret what they've done, even if they were made to view them.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keribelle
The terrible slash to Abigail's face was courtesy of Tex Watson. Sharon's face wasn't actually slashed, it was a rope burn, although it's easy to see how it could be mistaken for a knife cut; and from memory I think he actually says he cut her face, but that's not what the coroner reported.

What a nasty, nasty piece of work TW is. How anyone could marry him is beyond me.

According to the piece of garbage, he said she was beautiful til he cut her face. Whether or not, there was an actual slash. he obviously wanted to, since he mentioned it.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:23 AM

Default Sharon had a small scar on her left cheek...

Sharon had a small scar on her left cheek courtesy of one of her mishaps. Sometimes you can see it some of her publicity photos. It had to happen after the MGM promo short "All Eyes On Sharon Tate" was filmed in 1965. It was not released until "Eye Of The Devil" was finally released in 1967, it shows Sharon with no make up on, there is no mark on her face there. I think Sharon had the most beautiful smile and eyes. She always wore this elaborate eye make up that gave attention to her eyes. At least in her publicity pictures.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Premium Member

It always amazes me how beautiful she looked, with or without makeup.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:37 PM

doober Super Duper Crime Fighter!doober Super Duper Crime Fighter!doober Super Duper Crime Fighter!doober Super Duper Crime Fighter!doober Super Duper Crime Fighter!doober Super Duper Crime Fighter!doober Super Duper Crime Fighter!doober Super Duper Crime Fighter!doober Super Duper Crime Fighter!doober Super Duper Crime Fighter!doober Super Duper Crime Fighter!

I thought she was better lookin' without all the junk on her face.

I thought she looked best right before she HAD to take a shower.

I don't like chicks with a lot of make up.

I don't care about no scar pn her face. Tina Fey is a fox,...at least until Vogue airbrushed that scar out,...then she was like all the rest.

I don't like make-up on chicks.

I think it's the latent hippy in me or somethin',...
Old 03-08-2011, 12:34 AM
Registered Member

rscott1963 Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!rscott1963 Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!rscott1963 Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!rscott1963 Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!rscott1963 Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!rscott1963 Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!rscott1963 Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!rscott1963 Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!rscott1963 Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!rscott1963 Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!rscott1963 Crimeshotsİ Own Sherlock Holmes!

I wonder why it was a closed casket but Sharon did have stab wounds to her arms, it appeared she threw her arms up to ward off the knife and it resulted in stabwounds or defensive wounds to her arms and hands. and Roman was so pissed at the media he probably did not want them possibly getting a photo of his wife and their baby lying in the casket.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Premium Member

I know there were pictures taken outside of the people leaving, etc. But I don't think the media was allowed in the church itself.

i always puzzled too, why her casket was closed.